New major feature released - Triggered Actions
With Triggered Actions you can configure actions that are triggered list items when an event occurs (add, update or add/update) and some condition evaluates to 'true'.
Triggered Actions is a SharePoint Online exclusive feature. Actions are executed in the background on the server.
- Execute actions on trigger : Item Added, Item Updated, Item Added & Updated
- e.g. send email notifications or update items when some event occurs
- Serial execution of multiple actions
- Define execution condition on each action
- Use [[FieldName.isChanged]] placeholder to execute Triggered Action only if field value is changed
Just configure triggered actions on the "Things in Background" tab like a rule to plan automated executions with actions from a set of powerful action types.
Be aware that Triggered Actions feature works only when item versioning is enabled.
Clicking the 'Add Triggered Action' button leads to the wizard similar to the Scheduled Actions wizard, except the second step - triggers of execution.
All Background Features executions (Aggregation, Metadata Inheritance, Calculated Expressions, Scheduled Actions, and Triggered Actions) do not start Triggered Action execution.
But Triggered Actions with trigger 'Item Added' or 'Item Added & Updated' are executed when item is added by Scheduled Actions.
Bug fixes & improvements
Package & Publish
- restricted possibility to update a solution on the add-in homepage for users that are not Site Collection Administrators or Site Owners
- allowed customization of forms with broken columns (e.g. Lookup)
fixed evaluation of number fields with comma/dot in calculated expressions for nl-be culture
- fixed evaluation of [[@User.IsMemberOfGroup('Type existing group name')]] placeholder
- fixed handling of images added from address in Action Links
Send Mail action improvements
- Removed required from "From:"
- Added required to "Subject:"
- Added to "From:", "To:", "CC:", "BCC:" grey HTML placeholder text: Email Address or Login Name
Please sign in to leave a comment.