Modern Forms: Cross-site collection lookups
Modern forms cross-site collection lookup functionality is implemented as a data lookup connector. With this new lookup you can get items from any other site within your tenant to your form.
Data connectors is a new section of controls that can be added to the modern form. It's planned to extend it with more data sources like Dynamics CRM, SAP or SQL (this first version will have "SharePoint list from any site" only) and additional controls like a data table in the future.
The Data Lookup configuration options are similar to an out-of-the-box lookup. Configured ones, it can be added as a field on other list forms.
The Data Lookup placeholder, which can be expanded and retrieve data of all source item fields, can be used in any Modern Forms expressions.
We've implemented to filter this lookup by our powerful query builder like a normal lookup.
Currently there are the following limitations for Data Lookups:
- Handling permissions for existing items: data connector field values are displayed on a view and on a Display form for users without read permissions for the source list
- Handling changes for existing items: change of the source column or source item value doesn't trigger the change of a value on a view or a Display form
Bug fixes & improvements
- Fixed “show more/ show less” controls behavior for disabled Multiline text field
- Fixed form behavior on a Cancel button click for forms without command bar actions
- Fixed Scheduled/Triggered Actions history loading on deployments Maintenance tab