How to update a list's calculated lookup field when the lookup changes
I have an other list called "Temp Vendors" that lists the names of the vendors and the pay rate multipliers
- Name - (some company)
- BurdenRate - (ex. 1.6)
- OTRate - (ex. 1.5)
- OTMultiplier - (ex. 2.400) calculated expression column =[[BurdenRate]]*[[OTRate]]
My main Dossier called "Temp Employee Info" that calculates what we pay the vendor for these employees.
- Company - lookup to "Temp Vendors" list field "Name", also showing columns "BurdenRate", "OTMultiplier"
- Company:BurdenRate - additional lookup field (brings value into the list so I can calculate against it)
- Company:OTMultiplier - additional lookup field (brings value into the list so I can calculate against it)
- Pay Rate: dollar amount manually entered by the user
- Burden Rate - calculated expression column =[[PayRate*Company:BurdenRate.value]]
- OT Rate - calculated expression column =[[PayRate*Company:OTRate.value]]
So the Burden Rate and OT Rate in the Temp Employee Info list are determined by which Company you choose and that is working fine on "New" items or if I "Edit" an item and change the Company of choice
The issue is that when I change the value of the BurdenRate or OTRate on the "Temp Vendors" list. It is not changing the Burden Rate or OT Rate values on the Temp Employee Info list. Its like the calculated expressions are not running.
Do I need a Triggered Action that forces these calculated expressions to update these items?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. - Jay
Our Calculated expression accelerator does not trigger recalculate when changing source list lookup value. Only changes in the current list triggers recalculate. As a workaround, instead of using additional lookup columns create new columns on Temp Employee Info list. Configure Metadata inheritance for these columns and use current field placeholders in Calculated expression formula for Burden Rate/OT Rate columns
Thank you Vitalii, that worked perfectly.0
Please sign in to leave a comment.