I have ran into yet another potential 'issue' involving iPad behaviors, that I wanted to share. (The potential 'issue' has nothing to do with Solution Studio.)
I have a feeling that it has something to do with the way that the iPad designates filenames while capturing images from the camera. If so, it could potentially be a setting I need to adjust, but haven't been able to locate.
[To note: I tested this on my Android tablet with no issues, and I have started the process of getting our organization off of iPads.)
1. I have a form with 5 Image fields.
2. Functional: If I only take 1 picture (only utilize 1 of the 5 fields), I can use a Save Form button & the command bar Save button.
3. Functional: I can take 1 picture, and then click a button (Save Form + Reload). Wait. Take the 2nd picture, button (Save Form + Reload). On and on. [Obviously this is my #1 work-around if this is simply an iPad limit.]
4. Non-Functional: If I utilize more than 1 image field, any Save event (Save Form button, Save Form + Reload button, Command Bar Save) will only allow for the first image taken to be saved. [Actually I am not sure if it is actually saving the first image or not, since it is giving an error.]
2 Screenshots for reference... (1 with just 2 Images, another with multiple images)
I was really just curious if:
1. There might be a setting I can adjust on the device itself, as far as how it handles file names from the camera.
2. If there might be a script based solution that could handle the file names, as they sent in the devices cache, prior to a full save event.
As I said above, my for sure work around would be to use buttons that: Save Form + Reload + Display the next Image Field. 1 by 1.
Much appreciated as always,
Please sign in to leave a comment.