Table of contents
- Available actions
- Action outputs
- Copy an action or control
- Disable a specific action
- Add a condition
- Execute asynchronously
- Export/Import actions
- Usability features
- Supported browsers
The skybow Action Builder is a tool that allows you to specify actions which are executed in consecutive order. You can build powerful workflows triggered from a form button, on form load, from a list view, scheduled or event triggered on a SharePoint list or library.
|Action Type||Modern Forms||List Actions||Scheduled/Triggered Actions|
|Loop: apply to each||✓||✓||✓|
|Redirect to tab||✓||-||-|
|Refresh Rich Text controls||✓||-||-|
|Set field value||✓||-||-|
|Send HTTP request||✓||✓||✓|
|Send internal email||✓||✓||✓|
|Show a message||✓||✓||-|
|Open web page||✓||✓||-|
|Add list item||✓||✓||✓*|
|Create new folder||✓||✓||✓*|
* In Scheduled/Triggered actions only adding item on the list from the current site is available.
In the Manage Variables dialog you can configure and initialize variables and use them in any subsequent action. When a variable is used in any action it can't be renamed anymore.
Note: Variables are not available in other places of Modern Forms/List Actions or Scheduled/Triggered actions, only in the same action flow context.
To get Variables values use placeholders that are located in the Variables tab in the Expression Builder
This allows you to access outputs from previous actions. This is a list of available action outputs:
- Execute script
- Save form
- Set variable
- Send HTTP request
- Generate document
- Add list item
- Create new folder
- Update item
- Upload document
- Move document
- Get items
- Loop: apply to each
To get Outputs values use placeholders that are located in the Actions tab in the Expression Builder
For more information read separate articles of available actions.
Copy an action or control
You can copy a single action or a block of actions in the control: Condition or Loop: apply to each.
There are two options how to copy actions or controls:
- Using the Copy button available on the ellipsis/config button of each action. Copied action will be added to the clipboard and appears on the top of the action list displayed with a green dashed border:
- Using combination Ctrl + Drag and simply paste this action. This option doesn't store action in the clipboard
Note: Copied action stored in clipboard and depending on browser or browser mode you can see confirmation to allow read permission for clipboard. This should be done once per tenant
Disable a specific action
You can simply disable an action without deleting it e.g. for testing purposes. This action will not be executed.
Add a condition
Set a dynamic condition (Expression) whether an Action should be executed or skipped in runtime.
This option is available for Send email and Generate document actions.
With this activated option the next action will start immediately and is not waiting until the asynchronously action ended in runtime.
Configured actions can be exported to a .json file for importing on other Modern Forms buttons, Command Bar actions, List Actions, Scheduled and Triggered Action.
- Search actions - looking for an action type? just search for it.
- Drag & Drop - add, move and copy actions using drag & drop
- Rename action - double click on Action name switch you to edit mode for renaming
- Add a note to each action - it is useful to have note in action in case of many actions
- Expand/Collapse Action Builder - to see more of your actions expand it to full page
- Info icons - they are available on all actions with links to the articles for better understanding how to use it
- Microsoft Edge (Chromium)
- Google Chrome (latest released version)
- Mozilla Firefox (latest released version)
- Apple Safari (latest released version)
- Brave Browser (latest released version)